Monday, August 11, 2008

Update

It's crazy to me that Gage is already 3 weeks old - he has changed so much over these past weeks, and we are finally adjusting to life with a newborn and a toddler. Ella is doing so much better than I ever thought she would - occasionally she runs over to him and smacks him on the head, but I figure if thats the worst, I'm okay with that! Mostly she will just walk over to him and say "hi baby" and then go on her way playing again. Gage is such a good baby and I just can't get enough of him. I kept having mini panic attacks every time he would get fussy, thinking it was going to turn into colic like it did with Ella, but so far, he is still so content (thank goodness - I don't think I can handle that dang colic again) Here are some random pictures of the past few weeks - so glad by the way that I am no longer pregnant! I finally feel like I can breathe again!

Ella thinks that all the babies things are hers now - she tries to get in his carseat and swing too - she's small, but not that small!

The poor little guy had jaundice and had to be under these stupid lights for a couple days - so glad that is over!




10 comments:

The Taylor's said...

Hi Melissa - I was so excited to see your blog....Brooke gave it to me. Your kids are so cute! Congratulations on the new one. My blog is eldenandjill.blogspot.com

Mary Denton Taylor said...

Awww!!! That last photo is so precious! And don't worry, the little slap on the head will someday turn into yelling, kicking and hitting, I promise! ;)

The Johnsons said...

He is SO gorgeous! Congratulations again. I am glad everything is going well. :)

Jeremy, Brandee and Payton said...

I agree with you on that i don't know if i would be able to handle the colic again. I really do want to have miss Payton play with miss Ella. Maybe next week or something. Glad you are feeling better you looked beautiful when we came over!
take care, B

*Heather* said...

Melissa-
I found your blog from Whitney's. Congrats! I am so excited things are going so well for you! Congrats! Gage is so gorgeous!! What a cute family you have!
Heather

James and Whitney said...

Gosh he sure is cute! I love the picture of you and him at the bottom of the post. I'm glad Ella is adjusting so well. Isn't that a relief! Make sure to take time to enjoy this small baby stage it goes by so much faster with two!

Brooke Low said...

I love the bottom picture of Gage. I love it that she will just go over and slap him and go on her merry way. It's the only way they know how to show affection.

Tai and Joe said...

He sure is a handsome little guy. I love that last picture of him on your shoulder. He is so cute.

Kevin Kim Cade Ellie said...

What a sweet baby! I know what you mean about those stupid lights. Cade was under them too. Sorry I haven't called or come over. I don't want to bother you, but we have been thinking about you.

Jamie said...

Oh wow melissa, Gage is adorable! It makes me so excited that I will have another one of those soon! :)