
Also, a quick update on Ella. I want to thank so many of you for your thoughts and prayers. She is doing really well, and we know our prayers were heard and answered. She has finally adjusted to the medication she is on now (we have our spunky little Ella back:), but fortunately, and unfortunately we will be switching her to something different after Christmas. The good news is, no more weekly blood tests (every time we go to the doctors, she starts crying saying "mommy, I'm all better, I'm all better!", it breaks my heart), but the bad news is it will take a little while for her to get used to this new one. Its just sort of like a guessing game with these seizure medications, some work for some, and others make the kids totally loopy. You just have to keep trying and figure out which works best for your child. Some of the side effects can be pretty scary, so of course I worry about that, but I know she is in good hands with her doctors. We went to Primary's a couple days ago for an appointment, and I just get so emotional every time we go there. Most of the kids there are so sick, it makes me feel guilty for ever thinking what we have is hard. I know those kids are such amazing little spirits though, its humbling to be in that hospital. Anyway, we are so blessed...Ella is doing great, and as the doctor told me, "don't you dare treat her like a sick child, she is not sick!" That was good for me to hear.
This is what happens every time I try and take a picture of her. She will say "sminle mommy!", but won't ever look at me.
Another attempt...
And yet another...
This is hilarious...I think he'll be bigger than her before we know it! He's so cute though, he looks so uncomfortable, but just looks up at her and smiles! I love the little bond they have.
7 comments:
I am glad to hear Ella is doing better. I hope you can find a medication that will help her. I know exactly what you mean about Primary's. It's a special place. Your little boy is so cute. I love the last picture of them together! :)
I'm so glad she's doing better! That is so scary, I'm glad you had Matt and the rest of your family, and the spirit to help you through it. I know I would be a wreck. Good luck with her meds, and both of your kids are so cute!
darling! i just laughed at the attempts for a smile! It appears as if she is doing just fine! good luck with the medicine adjustments, not pleasant i am sure. Thanks again for the party, see you very soon!
That last picture makes me laugh! Ella must just be teeny tiny! They are both so adorable and I'm so glad she is doing better! Merry Christmas!
I'm glad she is feeling better! I love that picture of the two of them because he looks so big on her lap lol! Thanks again for the party it was great to see you guy's and nice to hold a sweet baby again!
So I have thought about you all day... Halie fell in the bath today and cut her eyelid open and had to get stitches... and the whole time I was freaking out... all I could do was think about how you must have felt with Ella! It is so scary... I can't even imagine what you went and are going through...I knew what would solve the problem with Halie (stitches) and I still panicked... So I just wanted you to know my thoughts are with you. I am glad to hear she is doing a better.. and hope everything goes smoothly with the new medicine! Your kids are so stinkin cute! I want to squeeze them!
Your kids are adorable. I am glad Ella is doing better. Gage is growing up so fast. He sure is handsome.
Post a Comment