Thursday, February 21, 2008

It's A Boy!

So we found out today that we are having a little boy! We are excited - I was a little nervous at first because I feel like I am so wired for girls, but I am a lot more excited than I thought I would be. It will be fun to have something different, hopefully he will teach Ella that she is not queen of the world. Plus, Matt is so excited - he was hoping so bad it would be a boy. The doctor told me that I am measuring big for my dates and that the little guy is chubby, which is weird because I was always measuring small with Ella. I am hoping it doesn't mean a big baby - my sister-in-law just had a 10 pound boy a couple weeks ago (aaahhhh!), so big boys definitely run in Matt's family! Let's just hope I will get induced again - I loved it! Any suggestions for some good boy names?

7 comments:

Elise said...

Congratulations on the boy! I was a little nervous about having a boy too when we found out, but little boys are super fun and sweet. Sorry I don't have any suggestions for boy names...they are a lot harder than girl names and we had a really hard time coming up with ones we liked :)

Jeremy, Brandee and Payton said...

YEAH!!!! COngratulations!!! i am soo HAPPY for you! that is great! As far as being a "chubby" baby, yes i hope you don't have a 9-10 lb baby, I don't think your little frame could handle it, but that means he is healthy and growing good like he should! Meliss, That is so Exciting!! tell Matt congrats too! Love, Brandee

Jamie said...

Melissa,
Congrats! I am so excited for you!! Little boys are so much fun, how LUCKY you are to have one of each!!! Boy names are kind of hard, good luck! I agree with Brandee's comment, your little tiny frame couldn't handle a 10 lb baby! I think you'd be surprised what your body can handle though, I had 2 almost 6 pounders, yikes! again CONGRATS!!! :)
Jamie Pugmire

The Johnsons said...

Congrats on the baby boy! Boys are so much fun....although I don't know any different! That is exciting! Good luck with the boy names. We are completely out of them! :)

James and Whitney said...

Well Well Well, It's about time you joined the boy club!!! That is so exciting! Little boy's are so fun! We need to get together soon and let all our rugrats play! Congrats again and tell Matt that James is excited for him!

Mary Denton Taylor said...

So excited for you!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!! Let me know when comes so that I can come do some photos!!!!! :)

Michelle and Aaron said...

Ooh, a boy will be so fun! I like Brody for a boy. But what I like doesn't really matter!